Note: The information in this article applies to Team Foundation Server 2010.
Assuming that you have already installed Visual Studio 2010 on your workstation, perform the following steps:
- Download and install the Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - ISO.
To connect to your Team Foundation Server from Visual Studio 2010, the following steps should be taken:
- From the Team menu, select the "Connect to Team Foundation Server..." option.
- Click the "Servers..." button.
- Next, click on the "Add..." button.
- Supply https://tfsXX.discountasp.net:443/tfs/ for the "Name or URL Team Foundation Server" field where "tfsxx" is the Team Foundation Server for your account and then click on the "OK" button.
*NOTE - If you need to find out what server you're hosted on, access the Account Information page in your Control Panel.
- At the "Add/Remove Team Foundation Server" screen, click on the "Close" button.
- Select the projects you have access to and then click on the "Connect" button.