Please make sure that you have performed the following prerequisite steps before proceeding:
- You have created already created a user through the User Manager.
Download the installer or the ISO file and install Team Explorer for Microsoft Visual Studio 2013.
- After Team Explorer has finished installing, launch Visual Studio 2013.
- Once the application is open, go to the Team Menu and then click on Connect to Team Foundation Server...
- The Team Explorer - Connect window should become active and next you'll want to click on Select Team Projects...
- The Connect to Team Foundation Server window should open. Click on the Servers... button.
- Now, from the Add/Remove Team Foundation Server window, click on the Add... button.
- In the Add Team Foundation Server window, you'll want to enter the server URL for your account. If you're not sure what the server URL is, access the Account Information page. When you're ready to proceed, click the OK button.
- You should be prompted for credentials. Enter your user name, your password and then click on the OK button. Note: If your workstation is joined to a Windows domain already, we highly recommend using a leading backslash character for the user name.
- You should be taken back to the Add/Remove Team Foundation Server window where you will find the server that was added. Click the Close button to continue.
- From the Connect to Team Foundation Server window, select the Team Project(s) that you'll need to access and then click on the Connect button.