Note: Before proceeding, please make sure that you have already configured Visual Studio 2012 to connect to your Team Foundation Server 2012 server using the instructions available in the Configure Visual Studio 2012 to connect to Team Foundation Server 2012
Knowledge Base article.
1. Open Visual Studio 2012, click on Tools from the file menu bar and then click Options...
2. From the Options window, expand the Source Control option, click on Plug-in Selection and make sure that the Current source control plug-in is set to Visual Studio Team Foundation Server.
3. Next, click on the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server option under Source Control and perform the following steps:
- Check Use proxy server for file downloads.
- Enter the host name of your preferred Team Foundation Server 2010 Proxy server.
- Set the port to 443.
- Check Use SSL encryption (https) to connect.
4. Click the OK button.