While the following clients will not integrate directly with Team Foundation Server 2012, you can use Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012 to connect to your server to perform some operations such as checking files out for editing or checking in changes:
- Visual Web Developer 2005
- Visual Studio 2005
- Visual Web Developer 2008
- Visual Studio 2010 Express
To connect to Team Foundation Server 2012 using Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012, the following steps should be taken:
1. Download and install Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012
2. Click the Servers button.
3. From the Add/Remove Team Foundation Server window, click the Add button.
4. For the Name or URL of Team Foundation Server, use: https://tfsXX.discountasp.net:443/tfs where tfsXX is the Team Foundation Server 2012 server for your account and click the OK button.
*NOTE: If you need to find out what server you're hosted on, access the Account Information
5. You should be prompted for credentials, enter your user name and corresponding password.
6. Click the Close button at the Add/Remove Team Foundation Server window.
7. Make sure that your Team Project Collection is available and then click the Connect button.