1. Open Visual Studio 2012 or Team Explorer for Visual Studio 2012 and connect to your Team Foundation Server 2012 server. If you need client configuration instructions, please use the following references:
2. If the Team Explorer window is not visible, click the View menu and then click Team Explorer.
3. From the Team Explorer window, click Create a new Team Project to start the New Team Project wizard.
4. Supply a name for the new Team Project, add an optional description if you'd like and then click the Next button.
5. Select a Process Template and then click the Next button.
6. Make sure that the Create an empty source control folder is selected and then click the Next button.
7. Review the settings and then click Finish.
8. Wait for the Team Project to be created.
9. After the Team Project has been created, click the Close button.
10. Go back to the Team Explorer window and the Team Project that was created is active.