Note: The information in this article applies to Team Foundation Server 2010.
While Visual Web Developer 2005/2008 and Visual Studio 2010 Express will not directly integrate with Team Foundation Server, you can still use the Team Explorer application to connect to your server to check files out for editing.
Assuming that you have already installed Visual Web Developer 2005/2008 or Visual Studio 2010 Express on your workstation, perform the following step:
- Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio Team Explorer 2010 - ISO.
To connect to your Team Foundation Server using the Visual Studio 2010 Shell, the following steps should be taken:
- Launch Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 from the Windows Start Menu and from the "Team" menu select the "Connect to Team Foundation Server..." option.
- Click the "Servers..." button.
- Next, click on the "Add..." button.
- Supply https://tfsXX.discountasp.net:443/tfs for the "Name or URL of the Team Foundation Server field.
*NOTE - If you need to find out what server you're hosted on, access the Account Information page in your Control Panel.
- From the "Add/Remove Team Foundation Server" screen, click on the "Close" button.
- Select the projects that you have access to and click on the "Connect" button.
Article ID: 843, Created On: 9/14/2010, Modified: 9/6/2012